The Koren Youth Siddur - Hebrew / English - Ashkenaz
Language: Hebrew / English
The Koren Youth Siddur is a beautifully-illustrated siddur designed for children in grades 3-5. Built on the foundation of the entire Koren Educational Siddur Series, the Koren Youth Siddur forms a bridge between the early elementary grades and middle school. The Siddur features a selection of tefillot for weekday, Shabbat and Hagim, along with vibrant, age-appropriate illustrations, stories, quotes and questions for thought and reflection. Every aspect of this new siddur is designed as the vehicle to help our children in meaning-making and emotional engagement with the tefillot and Hashem. The siddur is also accompanied by a comprehensive Educator’s Companion, for teachers, parents and community leaders, to maximize the educational potential of the siddur.
- Educational illustrations emphasize and educational theme from the text
- An icon navigation bar orientates the child within the structure of the tefilla service
- Paraphrased conceptual translation of many parts of the tefilla text
- Quotes and stories that explore a theme from the tefilla text
- Questions that stimulate reflection and critical thought
- Icons to aid in instructing the choreography of the tefilla
Author: Rabbi Dr. Jay Goldmintz
Hardcover, 273 pages. Size: 13.5 cm X 21.5 cm / 5.3" X 8.5"