For the Festival of Lights, a very important piece of Judaica is needed: a Hanukkah Menorah. In Hebrew called a Hanukkiah, these nine-branched Hanukkah Menorahs are lit every night over the eight-day holiday of Hanukkah, celebrating the miracle of finding a small jug of olive oil in a ransacked Temple, that kept the Menorah in the Temple lit for eight days. Hanukkah Menorahs can be fun and colorful, which is why we have not only traditional and elegant designs, but also modern and bold Hanukkah Menorahs. Enjoy choosing your new favorite Hanukkah Menorah!
Historian Simon Sebag Montefiore talks about the Jerusalem as not only the holy city in Israel but also a multivalent metaphor, the place of our origin and the place to which we will one day return, a memory as well as a hope that each one of us carries inside us no matter where we live. Thought of this way, the menorah is not only a commemorative object referring to the miracle in the Temple, when The Maccabeans defeated the Seleucids and when one day's worth of oil lasted eight. The menorah is also our way of sanctifying the stronghold of the family home.
Judaica Webstore's miniature Jerusalem menorahs make the Hanukkah metaphor almost literal, but we have a variety of other appealing styles, too. Amongst our traditional offerings are several highly polished brass menorahs in traditional designs from across Europe. These replicas of an early 20th century Polish menorah, an 18th century Sicilian menorah, and a 15th century German menorah are a testament and an archive of the European-Jewish experience.
Another traditional and upscale group of menorahs which also come by way of European history are our Hazorfim Sterling Silver Menorahs. Founded in Israel in 1952 and harnessing the skill and tradition of Eastern European émigré artisans, Hazorfim Silver has produced pieces that can be found in the private collections of King Hussein of Jordan and Vladimir Putin of Russia.
Contemporary Interpretations of the Menorah by Israeli Artisans
Contemporary designs are also available, such as Avner Agayof's minimalist-style menorahs. These colorful menorahs are made of anodized aluminum and break down into modular units and to be stored in clever wooden box. World-renowned sculptor David Gerstein has designed a number of colorful menorahs in his signature approach, sheet steel plasma cut into playful patterns and printed in exuberant colors. You will also find hand-painted designs from Jerusalem-based Yair Emanuel as well as modernist designs from Haifa-based Shraga Landesman.
Finally, check out our hand-dipped bees wax Hannukah candles, from Safed Candles in Upper Galilee.
- Traditional Antique-Style Hanukkah Menorah$74.99 $49.99
- Designer Pomegranate & Leaves Hanukkah Menorah$344.00 $229.00
- Yair Emanuel Hanukkah Menorah – Pomegranate Tree$209.00 $139.00
- Iris Design Israeli Deer Hanukkah Menorah$379.00 $254.00
- Yair Emanuel Wooden Travel Menorah - Seven Species$75.00 $49.99
- Yair Emanuel Classic Anodized Aluminum Menorah - Blue$199.00 $119.00
- Yair Emanuel Anodized Aluminum Classic Menorah - Silver$199.00 $119.00
- Miniature Gold Plated Peacock Hanukkah Menorah$80.00 $44.00
- Laura Cowan Magnetic Box Travel Hanukkah Menorah$220.00 $145.00
- Peacock Hanukkah Menorah$299.00 $189.00
- Yair Emanuel Textured Nickel Hanukkah Menorah (Choice of Colors)$219.00 $146.00
- Laura Cowan Building Bridges Hanukkah Menorah$449.00 $290.00
- Agayof Design Mini Ball Hanukkah Menorah (Choice of Colors)$999.00 $599.00
- Agayof Design Flat Arch Hanukkah Menorah (Choice of Colors)$1,100.00 $649.00
- Hammered Aluminum Hanukkah Menorah with Pomegranates$104.99 $69.99
- Shraga Landesman Tree with Birds Brass Hanukkah Menorah$419.00 $279.00
- Shraga Landesman Sheep Aluminum Hanukkah Menorah$224.00 $149.00
- Grey Round Hanukkah Menorah$30.00 $18.00
- Colorful Aluminum Modern Hanukkah Menorah$119.00 $79.00
- Multi-Colored Lamp Design Hanukkah Menorah$149.00 $99.00
- Crystal Jerusalem Hanukkah Menorah$159.00 $109.00
- Cement Design Metal Folded Menorah$199.00 $79.00