Star of David Jewelry
The Star of David is the classic Jewish jewelry and decorative motif, and has been for centuries. Here you will find hundreds of examples, including classic and modern interpretations in silver, gold, and other materials. Some are combined with gems and genuine ancient Roman glass. Look around, and find the best piece for you!
The Significance of Star of David Jewelry
A Jew will know it as the Magen David or the Shield of David, but around the world it is commonly called the" Star of David" and is one of the most recognizable symbols of Judaism. It is formed by two overlapping triangles (with one inverted and pointing downward), but is actually a geometric figure that is known as a "hexagram".
Though there are many who have studied the significance of the form, what has made the Star of David such an interesting thing is that it appears in many ancient Judaic sites in Israel, and other parts of the world. It has even been found in locations dating back to the third century.
The reasons it has been labeled as the Star of David include the fact that the "Shield of David" was a common way of describing the "God of Israel" in ancient times. Additionally, the traditional Jewish prayer book known as the Siddur actually names the "Shield of David" in connection to King David - it says that the divine protection of King David ensures that his dynastic house will be restored. There are other texts that discuss the Star of David as well, and all of them connect directly to Judaism.
Because of this constant link with Judaism, it now appears on the national flag of Israel, on many uniforms of Jewish and Israeli professional athletes, and on many items connected to Judaism. It is also why it is a symbol very commonly found on jewelry too.
For example, it is a very common shape for pendants with some figures containing precious and semi-precious stones, menorah, and other relevant symbols. It is a common icon on Jewish wedding bands, and is something that frequently appears on charm bracelets, and items worn by practitioners of Kabbalah (a mystical form of Judaism).
If you are Jewish or you appreciate the Jewish culture, you can find many gorgeous pieces of jewelry that feature the Star of David at the Judaica Webstore, and which show your appreciation.
- Sterling Silver Star of David Pendant Charm$34.99 $22.99
- Silver Stars of David Necklace - Compound Star$59.99 $39.99
- Jerusalem: 14K Yellow Gold Star of David Pendant$450.00 $249.00
- Sterling Silver Merkaba Star of David Necklace$89.99 $59.99
- 24K Gold Plated Silver Name Necklace in Hebrew with Star of David$79.99 Special Price $49.49
- Sterling Silver and Gold Star of David and Western Wall Ring$599.00 $399.00
- 14K Gold Star of David Flex Pendant$1,900.00 Special Price $1,313.10
- Sterling Silver Necklace with Eilat Stone Star of David$149.00 Special Price $89.10
- 14K Gold Hamsa and Star of David Pendant with Diamonds$1,500.00 Special Price $791.10
- 14K Yellow Gold Star of David Pendant with Blue Enamel and Diamonds$640.00 Special Price $351.00
- 14K Gold Star of David Pendant with Diamonds (Available in White or Yellow Gold)$1,400.00 Special Price $711.00
- 14K Gold Star of David Pendant with Diamonds - Large (Available in White or Yellow Gold)$1,400.00 Special Price $828.00
- 14K Gold Intertwining Star of David Blue with Diamonds (Available in White or Yellow Gold)$2,100.00 Special Price $1,206.00
- 14K Yellow Gold and Blue Enamel Star of David with Diamond$440.00 Special Price $251.10
- 14K Yellow Gold and Lapis Lazuli Star of David with "Shema Yisrael"$399.00 Special Price $237.60
- Jerusalem Stone Necklace with Sterling Silver Star of David$120.00 $79.99
- Shema Yisrael: Sterling Silver Bracelet with Gold Star of David$180.00 Special Price $107.10
- 14K Yellow Gold and Eilat Stone Star of David Pendant$699.00 Special Price $386.10
- 14K Yellow Gold Ripple Star of David with Cutout Star Center$350.00 Special Price $197.10
- 14K White and Yellow Gold Star of David Pendant with Double Diamond Rows$2,500.00 $1,590.00
- 14K White Gold Star of David Pendant with Two Diamond Rows$3,100.00 $1,790.00
- 14K Yellow Gold and Black Enamel Star of David Ring with Diamond Stones$2,400.00 $1,599.00
- Rafael Jewelry Star of David with Chai 925 Sterling Silver and 9K Gold Necklace$369.00 Special Price $215.10
- Star of David Hoshen Gemstones 14K Gold Necklace$760.00 $490.00
- Star of David 14K Gold and Blue Enamel Diamond Necklace$1,900.00 Special Price $1,080.00
- Interlocked Star of David 14K Gold and Diamonds Necklace$600.00 $399.00