Hamsa Design Products
The Hamsa, a Universal Symbol of ProtectionThe Hamsa's name actually comes from the Arabic word for five. The name refers to the five fingers of this sacred hand which is a popular symbol all over the Middle East and North Africa. The hamsa is referred to alternatively as the hand of Miriam, the hand of Mary, or the hand of Fatima, depending on whether it is Jewish, Christian or Muslim. All three religions, however, revere it as a sign of protection. In addition to this collection of artisanal wall-hanging hamsas, you should also check out our hamsa jewelry.
Hamsas from Israeli Artists as well as Israel Museum Piece Replicas
We have a beautiful collection of hamsas that make great gifts for pretty much anyone for any occasion. We carry a large selection of artisanal hamsas, made by Israeli-based artists, as well as replicas of hamsas from the Israel Museum's collection. These latter come with a certificate of authenticity as well as an explanatory note that explains the replica's historical significance.
Hamsas from Bezalel Academy-Trained Artist Yair Emanuel
Artisanal hamsas include the work of Yair Emanuel, a Jerusalem-based artist who works across mediums to bring you a complete line of artistic Judaica in bright colors and whimsical designs. Emanuel offers cloth hamsas embroidered with popular motifs like the pomegranate or Old Jerusalem. He also offers wooden, hand-painted hamsas, painted ceramic relief hamsas, painted plasma-cut steel hamsas. and embroidered, appliquÃ©d hamsa wall-hangings. As always, Emauel's distinct aesthetic is legible no matter what the medium.
Hamsas from Old Yaffa Workshop Adina Plastelina
We also have a number of beautiful ready-to-hang hamsas from Adina Plastelina. Adina Plastelina, an artist workshop located in Old Yaffa, has made a wonderful collection of hamsas by combining polymer clay with decorative pewter frames. Adina Plastelina uses the polymer clay to mimic an old Italian glass technique called millefiore, or thousand flowers, which serves as a background for the ornate pewter hamsa. These are available in a number of colors and are sure to find a welcome place in anyone's home.
- Dorit Judaica Hamsa Wall Hanging - Hebrew Home Blessing$49.50 $32.99
- Yair Emanuel Standing Hamsa with Flowers and Butterflies$47.99 Special Price $28.15
- Yair Emanuel Large Embroidered Hamsa - Menorah$20.00 Special Price $16.68
- Yair Emanuel Large Glass Hamsa - 7 Species$39.00 Special Price $20.24
- Yair Emanuel Large Glass Hamsa - Flowers and Birds$39.00 Special Price $20.24
- Yair Emanuel Large Glass Hamsa - Old Jerusalem$39.00 Special Price $20.24
- Yair Emanuel Large Glass Hamsa - Wildlife$39.00 Special Price $20.24
- Yair Emanuel Painted Relief Hamsa - Fruit Bowl with DoveSpecial Price $10.52
- Yair Emanuel Small Wood Painted Hamsa - Tower of DavidSpecial Price $8.76
- Yair Emanuel Small Wood Painted Hamsa - WildlifeSpecial Price $8.76
- Yair Emanuel Wall Hanging - Hamsa - Fish Large Color$40.00 Special Price $21.99
- Yair Emanuel Wall Hanging - Hamsa - Fish Small Blue$29.00 Special Price $15.83
- Yair Emanuel Wall Hanging - Hamsa - Flowers Small Blue$29.00 Special Price $15.83
- Adina Plastelina House Blessing Hamsa - Turquoise$70.00 $39.99
- Floral Hamsa (Color). Artist: David Fisher. Laser-cut Paper$169.00 $109.00
- Adina Plastelina House Blessing Hamsa - Mercury$70.00 $39.99
- Yair Emanuel Hand Painted Laser Cut Metal Hamsa - Flowers - Blue$27.00 Special Price $14.95
- Yair Emanuel Hand Painted Laser Cut Metal Hamsa - Flowers - Red$27.00 Special Price $14.95
- Yair Emanuel Hand Painted Laser Cut Metal Hamsa - Flowers - Turquoise$27.00 Special Price $14.95
- Yair Emanuel Hand Painted Laser Cut Metal Hamsa - Birds and Pomegranates - Blue$27.00 Special Price $14.95
- Iris Design Hand Painted Purple Matrix Hamsa$99.00 $69.00
- Desert Oasis Hand Painted Hamsa with Blessings$99.00 $69.00
- Jerusalem Sunrise Hand Painted Hamsa$99.00 $69.00