One of the most iconic and definitive pieces of Judaica, no Jewish home is complete without at least one pair of Sabbath candlesticks. For centuries, Jewish artisans all over the world have been inventing new styles of candlesticks and new materials to use to help families bring the joyous light of the Sabbath into their homes.We carry a wide range of Sabbath candlesticks, including traditional as well as modern styles in sterling silver, brass, glass, wood, and many other materials and a wide range of attractive prices. See for yourself!
The Light at the End of the Week
The Sabbath is the finish and the start to your week, the refuge toward which we work and the rest out of which we begin again. The items we use weekly in celebrating the Sabbath are like a prayer themselves that we take in our hands time and again in ritual observance. Perhaps you'd like to make a gift to a young family, or maybe it's time to purchase a new pair of candlesticks for your own family. Judaica Webstore has a wide selection, from classic candlesticks, to travel candleholders, to contemporary artisanal creations.
If you prefer finer materials and a more traditional aesthetic, we have pewter candlesticks plated in 24K gold and decorated with a seven-species motif, embellished with jewels and iridescent enamel. This basic design is available in a number of forms. For a more understated yet regal aesthetic, we also carry Hazorfim sterling silver candlesticks. Hazorfim is a celebrated silversmithing shop founded in Israel in 1952. Nickel-plated candelabra are also available, achieving a similar appearance for a more affordable price.
As Your Journey Continuesâ€¦
There is a particular poetry incident to our travel Sabbath candleholders. As objects they speak about keeping a tradition on a long journey, far away from home, which is essentially the story of the Jewish people. We offer several beautiful alternatives, including a stunning and cunningly clever jeweled pomegranate that opens up to let each half serve as a candleholder. Jerusalem-based artist Yair Emanuel offers a wooden hand-painted Star of David candleholder that operates in the same wayâ€”the star opens, and each half holds a candle. Additional offerings include a silver sphere decorated with an Old Jerusalem motif that opens into two halves as well as several hand-painted boxes by Yair Emanuel that fit two tealights.
Bring your home into the contemporary era with a set of candle holders by Shraga Landesman, an Israeli artist who works in a modernist vernacular. Check out his pair of angels candleholder, as well as his birds and flowers. Or you might like Avner Agayof's hyper-minimalist candleholders of anodized aluminum.
- Hadad Bros Sterling Silver Medium Galil Candlesticks$779.00 $519.00
- Yair Emanuel Turquoise Floral Candlesticks$74.00 $49.00
- Shabbat Set. Armenian Ceramic$30.00 $19.99
- Yair Emanuel Candlesticks - Pomegranates$89.00 $57.99
- Jerusalem Travel Nickel Candlesticks$44.99 $29.99
- Yair Emanuel Hammered Nickel Candlesticks - Multicolored$59.99 $39.99
- Jerusalem Stone Star of David Shabbat Candle Holder$75.00 $49.99
- Yair Emanuel Fitted Candlesticks - Seven Species$45.00 $34.99
- Jerusalem Shofar Candlesticks with Enamel$64.99 $42.99
- Barbara Shaw Candlesticks with Shabbat Blessing$99.00 $59.00
- Hammered Aluminum Candlesticks - Black$49.99 $34.99
- Yair Emanuel and Orna Lalo Tropical Flower Candlesticks$254.99 $169.95
- Yair Emanuel and Orna Lalo Heart Candlesticks$119.00 $79.95
- Yair Emanuel and Orna Lalo River Stones Candlesticks$119.99 $79.95
- Nadav Art Sterling Silver Shabbat Candlesticks$799.00 $549.00
- Hadad Bros Sterling Silver Medium Vilon Candlesticks$1,094.00 $729.00
- Pomegranate Nickel Travel Candlesticks with Rhinestones$37.99 $24.99
- Red Aluminum Pomegranate Travel Candles$41.99 $27.99
- Vardool Shalom Aleichem Shabbat Candlesticks$134.99 $89.99
- Hadad Bros Ela Candlesticks$239.00 $159.00
- Nadav Art Contemporary Sterling Silver Candlesticks with Ornament$1,999.00 $1,399.00