Star of David Jewelry
The Star of David is the classic Jewish jewelry and decorative motif, and has been for centuries. Here you will find hundreds of examples, including classic and modern interpretations in silver, gold, and other materials. Some are combined with gems and genuine ancient Roman glass. Look around, and find the best piece for you!
The Significance of Star of David Jewelry
A Jew will know it as the Magen David or the Shield of David, but around the world it is commonly called the" Star of David" and is one of the most recognizable symbols of Judaism. It is formed by two overlapping triangles (with one inverted and pointing downward), but is actually a geometric figure that is known as a "hexagram".
Though there are many who have studied the significance of the form, what has made the Star of David such an interesting thing is that it appears in many ancient Judaic sites in Israel, and other parts of the world. It has even been found in locations dating back to the third century.
The reasons it has been labeled as the Star of David include the fact that the "Shield of David" was a common way of describing the "God of Israel" in ancient times. Additionally, the traditional Jewish prayer book known as the Siddur actually names the "Shield of David" in connection to King David - it says that the divine protection of King David ensures that his dynastic house will be restored. There are other texts that discuss the Star of David as well, and all of them connect directly to Judaism.
Because of this constant link with Judaism, it now appears on the national flag of Israel, on many uniforms of Jewish and Israeli professional athletes, and on many items connected to Judaism. It is also why it is a symbol very commonly found on jewelry too.
For example, it is a very common shape for pendants with some figures containing precious and semi-precious stones, menorah, and other relevant symbols. It is a common icon on Jewish wedding bands, and is something that frequently appears on charm bracelets, and items worn by practitioners of Kabbalah (a mystical form of Judaism).
If you are Jewish or you appreciate the Jewish culture, you can find many gorgeous pieces of jewelry that feature the Star of David at the Judaica Webstore, and which show your appreciation.
- 14K Yellow Gold Contemporary Star of David Hearts Ring$540.00 $359.00
- Marina Jewelry Interlocked Star of David Bead Charm$44.99 $29.99
- Star of David Necklace with Microfilm Book of Psalms$140.00 $89.99
- 14K Gold Classic Thick Cut Star of David Pendant$420.00 $279.00
- Marina Jewelry Star of David Pendant Charm$44.99 $29.99
- Priestly Blessing: Gold and Silver Star of David Ring$299.00 $179.00
- 14K Gold-Plated Star of David and Hamsa Bangle by Adi$41.99 $27.99
- Eilat Stone and Silver Star of David Necklace$119.00 Special Price $67.49
- Sterling Silver Merkaba Star of David Necklace$89.99 $59.99
- Angels' Names: Silver & Gold Star of David Kabbalah Necklace$155.00 $129.00
- 14K Gold Interlocked Star of David$876.00 $584.00
- Sterling Silver Necklace with Eilat Stone Star of David$149.00 Special Price $89.10
- Contemporary 14K Gold Star of David Stud Earrings$299.00 Special Price $179.10
- Silver Reversible Necklace with Microfilm Book of Psalms$149.00 $99.00
- Marina Jewelry Silver Charm Bracelet with 3 Jewish Charms$199.00 $129.00
- Sterling Silver Cutout Star of David Necklace$229.00 $149.00
- Deluxe 14K Gold Interlocked Star of David Pendant$540.00 $428.00
- 14K Gold Star of David with Chai Pendant$430.00 $310.00
- Sterling Silver Star of David Pendant with Opal Stone$70.00 $49.99
- Rafael Jewelry Star of David and Heart 14K Gold Necklace$250.00 $169.00
- Sterling Silver Filigree Star of David Necklace with Gemstones$199.00 $129.00
- 14K Yellow and White Gold Double Domed Star of David Pendant$479.00 $319.00
- 14K Gold Star of David & Heart with Diamonds$1,300.00 $879.00