Kippahs / Yarmulke
The kippah or yarmulke is the Jewish head covering worn as mark of respect and reverence to G-d, particularly during prayer or whilst in the synagogue, but also throughout their day to day lives by more religious men. Over time the kippah has evolved and today comes in a huge variety of styles, sizes, materials, colors and designs. Here you will find both classic and modern designs in cotton, silk, suede, satin, and more. Take a look around -- you're sure to find the perfect kippah to suit any person and any occasion!
The Kippah As A Public Proclamation of Faith
Originally worn as a head covering during worship, the kippah has become a symbol of humility to be worn at all times, a public acknowledgment that G-d is above us, as well as public proclamation of faith. We have a great selection of designs, from more formal designs to more casual, everyday kippahs. Our most formal offering is a white, satin kippah with a delicate Jerusalem theme embroidered in outline about the edge. It's a great choice for weddings or Bar Mitzvahs.
We also have a huge selection artisanal kippahs from Jerusalem-based artist Yair Emanuel. These feature raw silk kippahs in a variety of colors with colorful Jerusalem motifs. Also available is a flower motif embroidered on raw silk in a variety of hues. Several of his kippahs are completely covered in tight embroidery, giving them an Eastern craft aesthetic. These include bird designs, as well as an old Jerusalem motifs, available in several colors. Emanuel also offers a series kippahs in which he has hand painted in gold. These include an Old Jerusalem motif, as well one with the symbols of the different Jewish tribes.
In addition to these, we have the standard knitted kippahs, available in a variety of colors. These can be monochrome or two-tone. They can also come with an embroidered Star of David.
- Yair Emanuel Embroidered Silk Kippah - Jerusalem White$19.99 $11.99
- Light Gray Plaid Kippah$8.99 $5.99
- White Satin Silver Embroidered Star of David Kippah$11.99 $7.99
- Grey Suede Kippah (16cm)$8.99 $5.99
- Navy Blue Child's Toys Suede Kippah$11.99 $7.99
- Yair Emanuel Raw Silk Kippah - Gold$16.00 $10.95
- Two-Tone Gray Satin Kippah$7.99 $4.99
- White Satin Mazal Tov Kippah$4.99 $2.99
- Gray Satin Kippah$7.99 $4.99
- Jerusalem Velvet Embroidered Kippah$12.00 $8.99
- Knitted Kippah - Na Nach Nachman - White$9.99 $5.99
- Crocheted Gray Frik Kippah$9.99 $6.99
- Blue Kippah with Cars$8.99 $5.99
- Knitted Kippah - Na Nach Nachman - Black$9.99 $5.99
- Black Bucharian Kippah (Choice of Sizes)$10.99 $6.99
- Crocheted Navy Blue Frik Kippah$9.99 $6.99
- White Satin Kippah 17 cm$4.99 $2.99
- Yair Emanuel Poly Silk Kippah - Blue$12.00 $5.95
- Knitted Hand-Made Green Kippah with Orange Stripe$22.99 $14.99
- Knitted Hand-Made Gray Kippah with Light Blue Design$22.99 $14.99
- Yair Emanuel Raw Silk Kippah - Silver$16.00 $10.95
- Crocheted Blue and Grey Frik Kippah$28.99 $18.99
- Knitted Navy Blue Kippah with Dots$22.99 $14.99
- Knitted White Kippah with Broad Silver Stripe$22.99 $14.99
- Large Knitted Beige Kippah with Bordeaux Border$22.99 $14.99
- Large Crocheted White Frik Kippah$22.50 $14.99
- White Satin Kippah 20 cm$4.99 $2.99