Tree of Life Jewelry
The Tree of Life is an incredibly popular motif in Jewish art and jewelry, and especially in pieces which have been inspired by Kabbalah. In ancient Jewish mysticism, the tree represents two things: eternal life, and the 10 'Sefirot' or attributes through which God reveals his part in our world. Jewelry pieces featuring this enigmatic form are a wonderful expression of faith: while undeniably Jewish, they are far more original and unique than a Star of David or Chai pendant, and have a special spiritual meaning which is all their own.
In the book of Genesis (בראשית), God creates the world and the idyllic Garden of Eden, in which man comes into being. God tells man not to eat fruit from the two trees in the middle of the garden: the Tree of Knowledge and the Tree of Life. God and the angels fear that fruit from the Tree of Knowledge will give man God-like wisdom, and from the Tree of Life will enable him to live forever and transcend time, essentially creating another 'God'. Eve promptly picks and eats the fruit, and gives some to Adam; God gets angry and kicks them out of the Garden into the harsh realities of the real world. The notion of a Tree of Life - a mystical plant capable of bringing immortality and eternal life - has long fascinated Jewish mystics, and is a prominent Kabbalistic idea.
Kabbalists talk of 10 'Sefirot' - emanations or attributes - through which God reveals himself to and constantly creates the world. The most common interpretation of these attributes sees them written on disks and arranged in a 'tree' formation, connected by 'branches' or lines. The 10 Sefirot include: Keter (crown - divine intellect), Chochmah (wisdom), Binah (understanding), Chessed (kindness), Gevurah (strength), Tiferet (beauty), Netzach (eternity), Hod (splendour), Yesod (foundation) and Malchut (kingship). Combined, they represent God's 'personality' and the different attributes involved in creation and existence.
Although the concepts behind the Tree of Life are almost inexplicable, the fundamental idea is truly beautiful: eternal life, guided by God's influences in our world. Our selection of Tree of Life jewelry is an exclusive and extraordinary way to gift yourself or someone you love with this deeply meaningful symbol, in a sleek, unique design that will be worn and cherished every day.
- Marina Jewelry Tree of Life Sterling Silver Ring$59.99 $39.99
- Marina Jewelry Star of David Tree of Life Sterling Silver Charm$44.99 Special Price $26.99
- Silver Family Tree Disc Necklace$60.00 $44.99
- Marina Jewelry Tree of Life Pendant Charm$44.99 Special Price $26.99
- Gold Plated Family Tree Disc Necklace$89.00 $59.99
- Silver and Gold Circle of Life Tree Necklace with Emerald$219.00 $174.00
- Silver and Gold Circle of Life Tree Necklace with Ruby Stone$219.00 $174.00
- Emanations: Silver Tree of Life Kabbalah Necklace$99.00 $79.99
- Adina Plastelina Silver Tree of Life Pendant - Variety of Colors$200.00 $134.00
- 14K Gold Tree of Life Mezuzah Pendant$750.00 $584.00
- Sterling Silver Tree of Life Necklace$149.00 $99.00
- Marina Jewelry Cut-Out Tree of Life Pendant Charm$44.99 $29.99
- Sterling Silver and 9K Gold Circle Tree of Life Necklace$399.00 $269.00
- 14K Yellow Gold Tree of Life Menorah Pendant$449.00 $289.00
- 14K Gold Tree of Life Menorah Pendant$384.00 $256.00
- Sterling Silver Menorah - Tree of Life Disk Necklace$149.00 $89.99
- 14K Gold Tree of Life Disk Pendant with Ruby Leaves and Diamonds$1,720.00 $859.00
- Tree of Life Sterling Silver Charm$40.99 $26.99
- 14K Gold Diamond Tree of Life Necklace$3,149.00 $2,099.00