The kippah (yarmulke), the Jewish skullcap, is traditionally worn by men in synagogue, by Orthodox men all day long, and in some more modern circles even by women. Here you will find both classic and modern designs in cotton, silk, suede, satin, and more. Take a look around -- you will find the perfect kippah for any person and any occasion!
The Kippahâ€“A Public Proclamation of Faith
Originally worn as a head covering during worship, the kippah has become a symbol of humility to be worn at all times, a public acknowledgement that G-d is above us, as well as public proclamation of faith. We have a great selection of designs, from more formal designs to more casual, everyday kippahs. Our most formal offering is a white, satin kippah with a delicate Jerusalem theme embroidered in outline about the edge. It's a great choice for weddings or Bar Mitzvahs.
Artisanal Kippahs from Yair Emanuel
We also have a huge selection artisanal kippahs from Jerusalem-based artist Yair Emanuel. These feature raw silk kippahs in a variety of colors with a colorful Old Jerusalem motif embroidered around the edge. Also available is a flower motif embroidered on raw silk in a variety of hues. Several of his kippahs are completely covered in tight embroidery, giving them an Eastern crafts aesthetic. These include a bird design, as well as an old Jerusalem motif, available in blue, gold on white, and silver on white. Emanuel also offers a series kippahs in which he has hand painted in gold. These include an Old Jerusalem motif, as well one with the symbols of the different Jewish tribes.
In addition to these we have the standard knitted kippahs, available in a variety of colors. These can be monochrome or two-tone. They can also come an embroidered Star of David.
For the Boys
Finally, there is a series of kippahs from KippaMania, suitable for the young ones in your life. KippaMania has kippahs for both teens and kids 12 and under. Appropriate for teens are the kippas made in hip fabrics like plaid or hounds tooth. For the younger kids we have kippahs with sports designs, like football and soccer.
- Large Knitted Black Kippah$20.00 $17.99
- Yair Emanuel Poly Silk Kippah - Blue$12.00 $5.95
- Jerusalem Velvet Embroidered Kippah$10.00 $6.99
- Knitted Gray Kippah with White Design$20.00 $13.99
- Knitted Gray Kippah with Multicolor Patterns$20.99 $13.99
- Alef-Bet Black Velvet Kippah$10.00 $6.99
- Brown & Beige Suede Kippah$8.00 $5.95
- Knitted Black Kippah$20.00 $12.99
- Knitted Kippah - Na Nach Nachman-White$8.00 $4.99
- Knitted Solid White Kippah$6.99 $4.99
- White Satin Kippah - Jerusalem - Silver and Gold$9.95 $6.95
- Yair Emanuel Hand Embroidered Hat - Birds Gold$40.00 $27.95
- Yair Emanuel Hand Embroidered Hat - Birds Silver$40.00 $27.95
- Yair Emanuel Embroidered Kippah - Birds Color$24.00 $15.99
- Yair Emanuel Embroidered Kippah - Birds Silver$24.00 $15.99
- Yair Emanuel Embroidered Kippah - Jerusalem Blue$24.00 $15.99
- Yair Emanuel Embroidered Kippah - Jerusalem Gold$24.00 $15.99
- Yair Emanuel Embroidered Kippah - Multicolor$24.00 $15.99
- Yair Emanuel Embroidered Silk Kippah - Flowers Blue$18.00 $9.99
- Yair Emanuel Embroidered Silk Kippah - Flowers Olive$18.00 $9.99
- Yair Emanuel Embroidered Silk Kippah - Flowers White$18.00 $9.99