The centerpiece of the Passover Seder table is undoubtedly the Seder plate. It holds the ritual seder items: a hard boiled egg (beitza), a shank bone (z'roa), bitter herbs (maror), horseradish (hazeret), vegetable (karpas), and haroset. Whether you're looking for a traditional Seder plate, or a modern design, our selection is sure to please!
The Seder Plate as a Catalyst for Conversation and Education
The Passover Seder has become a popular way to spread the word about Jewish faith and culture to friends outside of the community as well as a site for reinterpretation of tradition. Whether you lead a traditional Seder meal or one with contemporary accents, the Seder plate itself is the focal centerpiece of the meal and a departure point for discussion about the significance of the Seder meal.
The History of Exodus Embedded in Traditional Designs
Traditional offerings are a great way to go because the story of the Jewish Diaspora at different times and geographic locations is embedded into their aesthetic. Among Judaica Webstore's traditional offerings are plates that employ folk designs such as traditional 18th century Jewish-German embroidery or 18th century Jewish-Dutch ceramics. We also offer replicas of Seder plates from 19th century Alsace and Vienna. These plates that replicate older European designs come with certificates of authenticity from the Israel Museum in Jerusalem as well as a short description of their respective historical backgrounds.
A number of upscale options that also tap into the European crafts tradition are Seder plates crafted by Hazorfim Silver. Hazorfim is a world-renowned silversmithing shop founded in Israel in 1952 by artisans from Eastern Europe. Hazorfim items can be found in the personal collections of Russia's Vladimir Putin and King Hussein of Jordan.
Up to Date Variations on an Age-Old Ritual
Contemporary designs by Israeli artisans are a great way to support the ongoing reinterpretation of our culture. Artisanal options include several hand-painted wooden designs by Bazalel Academy-trained and Jerusalem-based artist Yair Emanuel. We also offer the modernist designs of Shraga Landesman who works in cut and cast metal. Particularly appealing is his Sedar plate of cast aluminum whose form suggests a parted Red Sea. Don't forget to check out artist Lily Shohat's painted glass Seder plates that employ tasteful contemporary color schemes and playful motifs.
- Handmade Ceramic Seder Plate - Sky Blue$145.00 $89.99
- Caesarea Arts Desert Stone Seder Plate$570.00 $389.00
- Large White Glass Seder Plate$45.00 $32.99
- White Glass Seder Plate$40.00 $24.99
- Classic Nickel Seder Plate$40.00 $24.99
- Passover Glass Plate (Gold). Adaptation. Spain Before 1492$240.00 $169.00
- Laura Cowan Moon Path Seder Plate$440.00 $269.00
- Blue and White Passover Plate. Replica. Vienna. ca. 1900$340.00 $269.00
- Exodus Passover Plate. Adaptation. Alsace. 19th century$250.00 $214.00
- Passover Ceramic Plate (Red). Adaptation. Spain Before 1492$370.00 $314.00
- Large Decorative Grapevine Seder Plate$49.99 $29.99
- Song of the Sea - Shraga Landesman Cast Aluminum Seder Plate$179.00 $99.00
- Laura Cowan Moon Seder Plate$400.00 $289.00
- Intricate Leaf-Inspired Seder Plate$584.00 $389.00
- Handmade Ceramic Seder Plate - Forest Green$144.99 $89.99
- Large Nickel Seder Plate with Grape Border$68.00 $44.99
- Yair Emanuel Wooden Seder Plate - 7 Species$199.00 $134.00
- Passover Plate. Armenian Ceramic$40.00 $22.99
- Passover Seder Plate. Armenian Ceramic$89.00 $44.99
- Yair Emanuel Wooden Seder Plate - Jerusalem Oriental$199.00 $134.00
- Shraga Landesman Cast Aluminum Seder Plate. Doves$140.00 $119.00
- Shraga Landesman Cast Aluminum Seder Plate. Pomegranates$140.00 $119.00
- Illuminated: Genuine Jerusalem Stone Seder Plate. Caesarea Arts$470.00 $369.00
- Squares: Solid Glass Seder Plate. Caesarea Arts$570.00 $384.00
- Raised Nickel Seder Plate on Legs$99.00 $69.99
- Painted Glass Seder Plate: Floral Blue. Lily Art$140.00 $89.99
- Yair Emanuel Wooden Seder Plate - Figures$199.00 $134.00