Mezuzah Scrolls / Parchments
Kosher Mezuzahs Written by Expert Scribes
The Mezuzah is an extremely exact object with dozens of rules governing its production. For example, it must be written on parchment made from a kosher species of animal, such as a cow, a sheep or a goat. Written by hand with a quill made of a feather of a kosher fowl, the scribe must declare his purity of intention before he begins writing and then each time before he writes the name of G-d. Every letter is precise, including the white space surrounding each letter. After the writing is complete, the scroll is checked meticulously by a computer as well as an expert in the field to ensure its Kashrut.
Our Ashkenazi Mezuzah is produced according to the dictum of Rabbi Yosef Karo, also known as Beit Yosef, a 16th centrury Rabbi who was responsible for the most recent all-comprehensive transcription of Jewish law. Like all of our Mezuzahs it is completely kosher, written by an expert scribe and proofread by hand and computer.
We also carry a Chasidi or Ari version which is produced according to the views of the 16th century Kabbalistic Rabbi Isaac Luria (the Ari, or Arizal). It written on uncoated klaf shelil (parchment), and proofread both by hand and by computer.
Finally we have a Mezuzah written in the Sephardic or Velish style. Like our other Mezuzahs it is kosher, written on animal parchment, and proofread both by hand and by computer.
- Mezuzah Scroll Sefardi version 2.7"$60.00 $29.00
- Mezuzah Scroll Ashkenazi Version 4"$59.00 $39.00
- Mezuzah Scroll Sefardi Version 4"$80.00 $39.00
- Mezuzah Scroll Ashkenazi Ari Version 4"$90.00 $49.99
- Mezuzah Scroll Ashkenazi Ari Version 4.7”$129.00 $86.00
- Mezuzah Scroll Sefardi Version 4.7”$78.00 $52.00
- Mezuzah Scroll Ashkenazi Version 2.7"$60.00 $29.00
- Mezuzah Scroll Ashkenaz Beit Yosef Version 5.9"$229.00 $136.00
- Mezuzah Scroll Sefardi Version 5.9”$115.00 $77.00
- Mezuzah Scroll Ashkenazi Ari Version 5.9”$204.00 $136.00