The Mezuzah itself is an ancient and extremely complex object. There are no less than four thousand, six hundred and forty-nine laws governing the preparation of the Mezuzah. Such a special document deserves a special case, and we carry over one hundred beautiful designs to choose from.
Enameled and Jeweled Designs
We carry a number Mezuzah cases that are embellished with enamel and jewels. These include floral and abstract cloisonnÃ© designs in a variety of colors. There are also enameled and jeweled designs that include embellishments like pewter or brass filigree. These are truly precious objects and a pleasure to examine.
Replicas Endorsed by the Israel Museum
We carry mezuzahs whose designs are adaptations of Diaspora art objects. They come with a certificate of authenticity from the Israel Museum as well as short note explaining their historical significance. Check our catalog for available designs, which may include a replica of an Esther Scroll case from 19th century Poland or a Bible binding from 17th century Germany.
Hazorfim Silver is a premier silversmithing shop founded in Israel in 1952 by top talents from Eastern Europe. They offer many different Mezuzah case designs in sterling silver, including neoclassical pieces, Greecian pieces as well as several designs shaped like scrolls.
Designs From Contemporary Israeli Artists
We have a number of Mezuzah cases from well known Israeli artists, including Yair Emanuel, Avner Agayof, and Shraga Landesman and Old Jaffa-based workshop Adina Plastelina. Yair Emanuel offers a variety of Mezuzah cases, ones decorated with Old Jerusalem scenes of wooden veneer inlay, as well as hand-painted wooden cases, decorated with motifs like the seven species of Israel. Avner Agayof offers a striking series of ultra modern mezuzah cases made of anodized aluminum. There are several Shraga Landesman designs, all made of nickel silver and all portraying abstracted animals, including gazelles, doves and a partridge. Old Jaffa based workshop Adina Plastelina has made a series of hip Mezuzah cases using polymer clay to create a mille fiore motif.
Finally we have a special line of Marc Chagall Mezuzah cases. Marc Chagall was a twentieth century art titan, claimed by Russian, French and Jewish culture. Twelve different Mezuzah case designs commemorate the twelve Chagall stained glass windows at the Hadassah Medical School Synagogue in Jerusalem, one window for each of the twelve tribes of Israel. The Mezuzah case is 24K gold plated bronze, and each one has a replica of Chagall's signature. This product ships in a deluxe gift case with a certificate of authenticity.
- Yair Emanuel Stainless Steel Mezuzah Case - Pomegranates$28.50 $18.99
- Limited Edition Marc Chagall Mezuzah - Ten Commandments$450.00 $379.00
- Triangle Mezuza Case - Medium. Variety of Colors. Agayof Design$220.00 $139.00
- Triangle Mezuza Case - Small. Variety of Colors. Agayof Design$180.00 $119.00
- Nadav Art Sterling Silver Enameled Mezuzah Case - Mazal$180.00 $122.00
- Dorit Judaica Children's Mezuzah Case - Night Sky$22.00 $14.99
- Yair Emanuel Large Wooden Mezuzah - Tower of David$22.00 $14.95
- Yealat Chen 24K Gold Plated Mezuzah Case - Tree of Life$99.00 $64.99
- Handmade Speckled White Ceramic Mezuzah Case$35.00 $22.99
- Yealat Chen Silver Plated Mezuzah Case - Jerusalem$44.00 $27.99
- Yealat Chen Lions Mezuzah Case (Variety of Colors)$44.00 $27.99
- Iris Design Blue Galaxy Hand Painted Mezuzah Case$70.00 $54.99
- Iris Design Hand Painted Birds and Roses Mezuzah Case$70.00 $54.99
- Danon Designer Priestly Blessing Mezuzah Case$89.00 $59.99
- Danon Designer Star of David Mezuzah Case with Crystals$75.00 $59.99
- Shraga Landesman Brass Shalom Mezuzah$70.00 $49.95
- Danon Designer Mezuzah Case with Floral Motif$89.00 $54.99
- Yair Emanuel Large Wooden Mezuzah-Noah's Ark$24.95 $14.95
- Yair Emanuel Large Wooden Mezuzah-Fiddler on Roof$24.95 $14.95
- Yair Emanuel Large Wooden Mezuzah-Pomegranates$24.95 $14.95
- Adi Sidler Hamsa Car Mezuzah$30.00 $19.99